Sumac Berry Soap
Local wildcrafted Staghorn Sumac Berries provide gentle exfoliation while moisturizing oils and butters produce a rich creamy lather leaving your skin feeling clean, soft and smooth.
- Staghorn Sumac (Rhus Typhina) is a shrublike tree found in abundance in Southern Ontario, produces red fuzzy cone shaped berries in late summer. Indigenous Peoples used these berries to treat colds, fever and scurvy and also mixed them with clay to create a healing salve for open wounds. Sumac is also used widely in Middle Eastern cuisine as a spice and makes a delicious citrus tasting drink very similar to lemonade.
- The Sumac Berry contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which can be helpful in treating problematic skin. Naturally rich in vitamin C, sumac berries are nourishing for dry skin and may help to reduce the look of premature aging.
- Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Shea Butter soothe, moisturize and help to improve the texture of skin.
- South African Lavender, Sweet Orange and Nerolina Essential Oil have anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties and the light floral and fruity aroma is calming, relaxing and soothing.
- 100% Natural. Never tested on animals / Vegan.
This soap is great for mature, dry, sensitive, normal, combination skin.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Unrefined Shea Butter, Distilled Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Wildcrafted Staghorn Sumac Berries, Rose Kaolin Clay, Essential Oils of South African Lavender, Sweet Orange, and Nerolina.
125 grams / 4.4 oz bar
*Sumac is related to the cashew, mango, pistachio family, use with caution if you have allergies to any of these *
**Since our soaps are handcrafted in small batches with natural botanicals and essential oils, color and scent may change slightly from one batch to the next.**
We Also Recommend